Monday, December 20, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

I've always been one of those people who start the Christmas season the day after Thanksgiving. I love Black Friday Shopping, watching old Christmas Movies, constantly listening to Christmas music and spending time with my family. I love for things to look like they came out of a Martha Stewart catalog; I wrap my gifts with big bows and bake cupcakes from scratch. Christmas in my eyes has to be perfect.  
Every year I spend the weekends leading up to Christmas shopping for various family members gifts. Spending all that time at the malls I find myself pointing out things to my parents that I like, knowing they will usually buy it for me. I turn shopping for others into “shopping for Sam” which sadly none of this goes towards my Christmas presents. I always tell them I feel bad, but normally I just say it to make myself feel better I never really mean it. On top of our shopping trips I still expect big gifts, perfectly wrapped gifts under the tree.  
But this doesn’t seem right anymore, maybe I’m growing up or maybe things are finally clicking but this year I want my Christmas to be more about Christ and less about me, after all he is the greatest gift.

Every good and perfect gift is from above. -James 1:17 NIV

1 comment:

  1. That happens. One day you realize this life isn't about me. Christ gave the gift above all others and if you know his love that is the biggest gift you could ask for.

    ReplyDelete